Takeaway curry delivered to France

expat paul

Is it still hot when it gets here?

The website doesn't give a lot away in respect of who they are etc other than having an address in UK and one in France,and a google on the uk address throws up a completely different business

http://www.charlotte-charlotte.co.uk/about-us.htm

and the French one this http://www.mydelhiproperty.com/buckup/directprojectors111/directroprojectors.html

?

Clair, I totally agree that those packets make excellent curry, but I was shocked to find that absolutely everything on the site was out of stock. Is that because demand has overtaken supply, I wonder, or, perish the thought, might there be a deeper problem?

I tend to order in bulk from them and my last order was duplicated by error ([:D])

I did offer to return the unwanted items but was told to keep them!

I am (almost) certain that's not why they're out of stock!! [:P]

I have had prompt replies to my emails to them in the past. Would that be the way to go?

[quote user="Gardener"]Is it still hot when it gets here?

The website doesn't give a lot away in respect of who they are etc other than having an address in UK and one in France,and a google on the uk address throws up a completely different business

http://www.charlotte-charlotte.co.uk/about-us.htm

and the French one this http://www.mydelhiproperty.com/buckup/directprojectors111/directroprojectors.html

?[/quote]

Ok thanks, I'll look a little deeper.

[quote user="derf"]Packet curries, you can still get them HERE and cheaper as well, lots of other goodies and with a great delivery service.

[/quote]

Excellent news, derf!

Shame I can't pay in €, but I suppose I'll overcome that when my current stock runs out... [:P]

[quote user="Fridgeman"]Hi Paul

Leave me your number, will give you a call when we next have a curry evening (It's the real thing British Indian Restaurant Curry) Hot as you like !!!

or mild if you can't take it,

Regards

Stephen

Dept 86[/quote]

I have sent you a pm

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Another solution for those with a craving for some Indian food (aside from DIY) is Picard. You probably have one near(ish) to you and they do several frozen dishes that we find quite acceptable. The naan are excellent, as are the vegetable samosas, the rest ok to good (we were less impressed by the Agneau Rogan Josh, but it was ok).

http://www.picard.fr/

Norman H posted a link to Picard some time ago.

They wont deliver to Picardie, well only in Amiens, when I saw the price of the tiny ready meals I realised that I wasnt missing out on much, it wouldnt satisfy my craving for real(ish) indian food but for someone that lives on Asda or Tesco ready meals and doesnt mind paying 5 times as much in France it would suffice I suppose.

I have started bringing back spice mixes that are sold at both Asda and Tesco and am really impressed with them, the make is Laziza and they cost about 99p, I can recommend the fish spice mix, dopiaza, chaat masala and the chutney/raita mix, most of them have two packets in the box, the biryani is fantastic and so strong that you only need to use half of the packet.

I also bought some Ashoka precooked starters, bombay potato, sag alloo etc, they were vaccuum packed and also quite cheap but not particularly impressive.

My favorite best buy are the Asda vacuum packed naan breads, cooked under a halogen grill they are sublime.

It's perhaps to late to befriend your local curry house and learn in the kitchen or do nightschool to learn Indian cooking but I assure you it is well worth it.

Our beehive oven makes great naans, the wiflets onion bhajees are legendary, curries are magnificent and varied not the usual Bangledeshi/Indian ersatz mess.

My local curry house is 40km away costs a kings ransom and caters to the tastes of those who have never travelled nor intend to, some exotic sounding dishes but all toxic waste yellow coloured and about as spicey as John Major.

A naan bread is seen to be so exotic that it is eaten as an entree and shared amongst 8 diners.

I doubt that I will learn much from them other than how to reheat stuff in flourescent sauce from une boite.

In any case I have learned Indian cooking in the past and have quite a repertoir of dishes plus I usually jsut make up what appeals to me at the time, the problem is the dearth of ingredients in my part of France, you try finding ghee for instance, I once managed to find some beurre noisette priced like it was saffron but if i wanted burnt ghee I would make my own.

I just looked in puzzlement at the website then saw the Twitter message. Damn! I have to make a Keralan-style curry for a party next week and that Goan (I know, but close enough!) mix would have done perfectly...

Wonder why they didn't try to sell the business on =- I'm sure there would have been some takers!