Chorizo

idun

We have a little problem, the sausage filler machine has broken and we now have about 3 kgs of chorizo meat in a bowl and some sad looking skins and cannot stuff them.

Any ideas as to what to do. It isn't as if sausage skin fillers are easily available at any local supermarket.

The hand mincer is still in a container and the electric one 'blew up' yesterday.

I would love to do it by hand, and it would be by hand. It isn't an easy thing to do even when a machine is 'forcing' the meat into the skin. Anyway, I suffer from near on hysterical laughter when doing this with the electric or hand mixer, it is weird filling,what feels like, a never ended preservatif.[:-))]

Think alternative recipes are called for here as per Wooly's suggestions.

I'd wondered about that, I might call in and see what they say. The problem would be that they may feel that our preparation could contaminate their equipment. Still, if I don't ask. ps our local butcher is a lady!

No quincaillerie around here I'm afraid and I don't know where I could buy a sausage stuffer, maybe Lakeland, but then I'd have to wait.

My lady butcher was very nice this afternoon and said they couldn't stuff my chorizo.

Thanks for the link [:P] that is funny talking about sausages nez pah!  There are some fine looking machines out there and some very fine price tags on them. I'd hoped lakeland might have had a cheaper version, but they don't.