Jump to content

almond flour


Recommended Posts

They have it in the Grand Frais or try where the moroccans shop.

When I saw it I thought surely it's just ground almonds.

It would seem that is exactly what it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote user="jen"]I've several recipes which use almond flour, I have read it maybe called franginpane but can't find it on my local supermarket shelf.  Anyone know if it goes by a diferent name ?[/quote]

What you find in the shop under the name frangipane is usually a mix of ground almonds, sugar and various bits, which is used as a cake or tart filling.

For ground almonds, look for poudre d'amandes or amandes en poudre.

In supermarkets, you'll find them with the baking goods, usually in small bags (quite €€€) hanging near the flour display. .

They're also sometimes sold bigger bags (less €€) either near the fruit/veg display, near the dried beans and lentils or in the exotic display, where they sell products from North Africa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...