crêpes

mint

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crêpes - the equivalent of fast food around here in Bretagne. I get my billig out every few weekends and we have a mammoth session of making savoury galettes and sweet crêpes which both use sarazin flour, although only a tablespoonful for the sweet version. You should try Kig ar Farz too, well at least the farz. I enjoy making that in a teatowel and popping in with the meat and veg and then slicing it up, the Breton version of Yorkshire pudding really and very delicious.

Well the crepes afternoon went well yesterday with the men fighting to use the crepe maker  !!!!- I have to confess my neighbour  was superb !!!! . All that was left for me to do was squirt the lemon and sprincle sugar .

It was a really good entertaining idea - the machine was in the middle of the table and we all sat round  - now if we had used a pan on the stove I would have had to stand up and cook them with my back to everybody .

I had loads of mixture left - so tonight I mixed in mashed potato , onion in some - sweetcorn in some and made small pancakes - the hotplate could do about 12 at a time . I hope my OH doesnt  burst during the night as he had about 18 -  I think he must have liked them . !!!!!!!!!

Did your french guests have lemon and sugar? We used to make crepes to sell at our sporting events and there was but one bloke, one of the coaches who had lemon and sugar and we'd buy a squeezy lemon just for him. Everyone else had nutella, confiture or just sugar, we'd offer, but no one wanted lemon.