Lunch in a lovely setting..

NormanH

[quote user="Benjamin"][quote user="Christine Animal"]

Benjamin, Bouzigues is in Languedoc-Roussillon, not Brittany.   [Www]   [:P]

[/quote]

You miss the point Christine Animal.  [:D]

"Everywhere" has the best oysters.  [6]

And Cancale is where.....................?

[/quote]

Situated  on a coast line subject to diluted pig excrement rain water run off.

Personally I would not touch an oyster north of la faute sur mer or west of the eastern side of the cotentin peninsula.

No oysters this trip Christine, although we did have prize winning traditional Breton cake with caramel , but no pics I'm afraid.

Actually I had one of the worst meals ever this, trip. I met with a Anglo/French group at the Antiques Salon in Penvillers and we arranged to have lunch there, however the catering was a disaster. Buffet starter was OK except that one of our party was a vegetarian and nearly every salad had ham with it. The choice of main coarse was Jambon or Pintade (sp) (guinea fowl) with frites, however after a very lengthy wait the food was served with plain macaroni,(no sauce!) the fryer had broken down and there were no frites! Despite starting at 12.30 by the time we went to choose our puds they had virtually run out ! A reduction in price was negotiated ! BTW The vegetarian had rice and ratatouille and probably did better than any of us........

Luckily the company was very convivial and a good time was had by all, despite the food !