Where has all the bread mix gone?

Loirette

Does anyone know if there is a problem with the supply of packet bread mixes.  Usually we get ours from ALDI but they have stopped selling it and our other supermarket (SU) has a lot less on their shelves than normal.    When I asked the assistant at ALDI if they were getting further deliveries, they said no but could not give me a reason.

The Carrefour that I go to still hasn't re-stocked with a few things since the cold spell. At that time big lorries couldn't drive on the roads for about 2 weeks - could be that.

I use packets of dried yeast by Vahiné and they've run out of that. Also my favourite Bonne Maman raspberry yoghurt.

I've tried lots of the ready bread mixes in my breadmaker, and definitely got the best loaves using the Lidl mix - but our local store has also changed to the new brand...and now I get flat soggy loaves :-(

So I hope it's just a supply blip and they change back to the original brand soon :-)

I agree fluffy Leader price mix was the best. What I do is mix the dried yeast in 275mm of warm water (don't use levure chemique instead of levure de boulanger as I did) then put 500gm of flour on top. I put it in the bread maker and use the dough setting. When the dough is ready knock it back and roughly shape it on an oven tray, cover with oiled cling film and leave it to raise for a couple of hours. Then put it in a COLD conventional oven and set it at 210 deg for 45 mins. Perfect bread every time. By putting it in a cold oven it gives an extra rising to the bread before cooking.

Oh dear Id better bring some out with me -

Although I have breadmaker in both places I rarely bother in the UK but as we dont like french bread ( shock horror) I use it  a lot in France and  use Aldi 

packet mixes a lot of the time cos they are cheap and easy -