Raymond Blanc's programme

mint

[quote user="gardengirl "]Gardian, we hadn't thought we'd miss the first of the local asparagus, as none had been showing when we left. I bet the price will stand comparison with the first garriguettes, though! I'll be searching in the market next weekend!  [:)]
[/quote]

GG ...........

Still no local stuff (it's a good 2-3 weeks later than last year), but one of the blokes was doing Moroccan at €7 for 2 bunches (about a kilo) - pricey, but we couldn't resist it!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Gardian"]

[quote user="gardengirl "]Gardian, we hadn't thought we'd miss the first of the local asparagus, as none had been showing when we left. I bet the price will stand comparison with the first garriguettes, though! I'll be searching in the market next weekend!  [:)]

[/quote]

GG ...........

Still no local stuff (it's a good 2-3 weeks later than last year), but one of the blokes was doing Moroccan at €7 for 2 bunches (about a kilo) - pricey, but we couldn't resist it!

[/quote]

There was some marked Provence at the greengrocer's this morning at a similar price, but didn't buy. I'll be at market early tomorrow in the hope of finding somefrom  local fields. If not, it must be coming soon! Hope your's was delicious! [:D]

I didn't buy any - there was some marked 'Provence', and some marked 'Pays' as well as 'Espagne. I'm waiting for it from fields around the town from the actual growers. I've only seen green asparagus so far, and I'm with you on this - I don't like the white stuff either.