Sweet Rosé recommendations

crossy67

Lidle have stopped selling Julie's favourite Californian Zinfandel by the looks of things so we are trying to find a French equivalent.  We are buying a couple of different bottles to try every time we go shopping but they end up in the sink.  Any one know of a sweet and fruity rosé similar to the white Zinfandel please?

They have a really nice French Bordeaux at the moment, it's called Les Gravettes.  It's a little too nice if you know what I mean, open it and before you know it it's gone.  They stock a nice Rioja to called Cepa Lebbrel but obviously that's Spanish not French.

• 2 months later...
Ive just seen this post -  My friends and I all liked the Lidl Zinfandal as well and were a bit shocked when we could no longer get it in france 

We have all now changed to Soleade  vin rose molleux from Aldi - it is only around 1.20 euro a bottle - is 10.5 vol   - it is produce of Spain but is bottles in France .

We all think it is even nicer than Zinfandel - its only downside is its a long slim bottle and has a cork not a screw top so when opened with a stopper  in it is too tall for the tray in my fridge ,

We do find it is so nice to just drink on its own in a social setting - probably not good with a meal .

Oh by the way Lidl now have a replacement Cimarosa  California rose  - about 2 euros - very nice - has anyone tried it

Thanks for the tip.

Yes Julie quite likes the Californian Rosé, not quite as nice as the Zinfandel but good enough.  I think we shall have to try the other one from Aldi next time we pass a shop, the nearest one to us is in the other town to the one we normally shop at.

To be fare John, I can see her point, it it a bit sour, even when cut with some lemonade.

I agree - I think it is the one they will sell this year - but it is such a deep pink -whereas the Zinfandel was quite pale so its got something else mixed in . 

I do like the fact it has a screw top - as a girlie I find it so much easier to manage when my friends come by .

I expect I will take some back when we go as the Zinfandel is twice the price in the UK

I too sometimes add Cassis to Rose if its a bit sharp - I have recently bought the creme de pamplemousse which is being promoted as the one to add to Rose  - but I cant say that im impressed . Has anybody else tried it and what do they think ??