French language recipe book for a Halogen Oven

Matelot

Hi there!

A French friend of ours has purchased one of those halogen oven gizmos, and although very pleased with it, she was bemoaning the fact that it only came with a small recipe pamphlet.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a recipe book in French for these ovens? I'd like to buy her one a small gift.

Thanks for any info.

Matelot

There dont appear to be any other than free downloads of PDF files of which there are plenty, I think its yet anothere example of french protectionism strangling enterprise [:(]

I did think that I had finally found one here http://fumay.olx.fr/livre-des-recettes-pour-four-cyclone-iid-34075649 but it turned out to be another PDF but this time they want paying for it, not the same as giving someone a book.

It's just an oven, a machine that heats food. It doesn't require it's own recipe book.

It's smaller and heats up quicker but that's about the only difference apart from being better sealed so moisture doesn't escape easily, that can lead to soggy pastry or chips if you don't leave the lid ajar so moisture can escape.

Absolutely Théière.

I have used nothing but a halogen oven for several years now and whilst many things do cook and taste better coming from it I cant think of a single thing that it can do that a traditional oven cannot which would warrant writing a recipe book.

I did actually buy a halogen oven recipe book but learned nothing from it, dont even know where to find it now which speaks volumes.