Anyone got a recipe please?

Pommier

Going off at a tangent - has anyone ever tried smoked duck's breast?

We used to be able to get it from a butcher in Toulouse, but he hasn't had it recently. It's really delicious, but more to have in the summer, sliced thinly with salads.

[quote user="pitway"]The door is very low, so duck on your way out :-)

[/quote]

You mean duck or grouse don't you [:-))]

Magret de  canard fumé is one of my raves!!- We can buy it in our local butchers and a lot of the restaurants and bistros around here do a wonderful salad gourmet with foie gras, gessiers and magret fumé. I'm now drooling all over the place [blink]

[quote user="Jonzjob"][quote user="pitway"]The door is very low, so duck on your way out :-)

[/quote]

You mean duck or grouse don't you [:-))]

Magret de  canard fumé is one of my raves!!- We can buy it in our local butchers and a lot of the restaurants and bistros around here do a wonderful salad gourmet with foie gras, gessiers and magret fumé. I'm now drooling all over the place [blink]

[/quote]

And no need to quietly creep out pigeon-toed..................

Ah, but I don't know very much about him. He's always swan ning about and he's much too swift for me ever to turn anything up on him.

I do believe that this thread has gone a bit off track? But it's a bit of a lark though init.. If it goes too far I expect we'll be herring about it from the milk monitors? Sorry to be brambling on so, but??

Going back to the duck, I canardly wait untill we have our next magret. The way SWMBO does it is delicious. Just gently melting the fat in a tin on the hob and then slowly in the oven. When it's done it just melts in the mouth and the myoglobin runs out of the cut meat [kiss][kiss] (yes, it's myoglobin and not blood in rare meat. Not-a-lot-a-people-know-that [8-|] )