checks before selling

woody234

my house has a septic tank and not a fosse septic , so If I wanted to sell my house would I need to install the latest fosse septic to the latest standard costing lots of money because  I read some where that the rules and regs  are changing and they are going to get alot stricter ,so  is it a legal requirment to have the latest standard fosse septic to sell a house in france 

It would be up to the buyer to decide if he wants to buy with an old system. You would either give them a report from the SPANC or state in the sale document that there isn't a modern sewage system. So it would reduce the price a bit. But if you stay in the house you will probably soon be told to update your system. This has happened to us. Might not mean a complete expensive arrangement.

[blink]groslard

under the list of things needed to sell a house..................what includes the 'fosse septique'?

is it:  1) L'état des risques naturels technologiques et sismiques

2) Le diagnostic de performance énergétique

or      3) Le contrôle des installation de gaz

[quote user="allanb"]"my house has a septic tank and not a fosse septic..." (fosse septique, I suppose) Is there a difference?[/quote]

I'm sure there is. My French house has fenêtres and my English one has windows. [:D]

But seriously, I wonder why so many English people insist on using the French 'fosse septique' even when speaking or writing in English? Do they really think it's something different from a septic tank? Or even more bizarre, why they refer to the 'fosse' - unless the sewage really goes into a trench of course.

Or maybe the OP mean that they have a cesspit (fosse d'aisances) rather than a septic tank.

Anyway, although the need for septic tanks to conform has not been adopted nationally when selling a house, some regions (such as ours) have, for several years, asked for a survey that says whether or not the drainage comes up to the normes.

the sewage goes into a sealed tank, which i think is called a septic tank or fosse d aisances, and when its full, you ring them up and the truck comes and sucks it all out, but its a holiday home and only used 6 weeks a year, weve had the house for 6 years and  the tank has never been emptied and  i opened the lid up  in 2005 and  it looked okay

[quote user="woody234"]

the sewage goes into a sealed tank, which i think is called a septic tank or fosse d aisances, and when its full, you ring them up and the truck comes and sucks it all out, but its a holiday home and only used 6 weeks a year, weve had the house for 6 years and  the tank has never been emptied and  i opened the lid up  in 2005 and  it looked okay[/quote]

Are you sure it is a sealed tank? 6 years and its not been emptied, either it is huge or you hardy every use the loo!!

Maybe it is a septic tank and it is working fine! but it would have to have an outlet, perhaps you just can't see it.

it is a concrete tank build in the 1960s or 1970s , about 3 years ago my english  neighbours did say that it might be a tank with a crack in it which might be why it leaks out, they knew the previous owners  of the property who are french   so they must have had a conversion with them  along time ago about the septic tank having a  crack in it

• 2 years later...