Delices d'Annie Baeckeoffe

Ashley

Ha ha, Ashley! I thought that was a spin-off from "The Great British Bake-off" when I read the title!

Anyway, I googled the recipe and it looks pretty straightforward, as long as you allow for 48 hours of marinating and 4 hours cooking time.

Might give it a try one day!

Angela

PS. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for replying Angela,  "I thought that was a spin-off from "The Great British Bake-off" : Certainly not :)

In fact, I expected to have more than 2 feedback on this topic (LOL) but from yours, I think Delices d'Annie Baeckeoffe recipe is worth trying though I still hesitate between bread and French fries as best accompaniment.

• 6 months later...
Hi,

I invited some friends to come at home for a small dinner party and tried your recipe Ashley, it worked out perfectly. The baeckoeffe was divine, thanks a lot.

Today, I was thinking about inviting my in-laws for diner party this coming sunday, do not know if they will be free, but I am planning to prepare a French dish, do you have any recommendations and recipe? Thanks in advance.

Rob.

Baeckeoffe is perfect for winter but there are also well-known French dishes such as pot-au-feu, onion soup and tariflette which are worth trying.

If I would make recommendation on a  French dish to eat for this Autumn, it would be a great cassoulet with tender beans or a delightful beef bourguignon served with rosemary bread, toasted , choucroute or bouillabaise are also perfect indeed.

Sorry for being late. Did I missed anything? Thanks Andyh, I've used bread indeed, the taste was amazing. For sure Cendrillon, this is one of the best Alsatian dish ever. Yeah, that's it Pierre, Baeckeoffe is a perfect winter warmer and it can be cooked in a slow cooker as well. Jules31 made good recommendations Rob, you'd better prepare a great Beef Bourguignon, just avoid wine excess and choose the blade roast beef instead of using pork fat back. You can also prepare a Truffade as suggested above, it is a traditional dish from Haute-Auvergne if I am not wrong. Its preparation takes about 20mn and the time of cooking about 30 minutes.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I am thankful to all of you since your recommendations were a great help. At last, I prepared a beef bourguignon, the beef was tender as expected and I paired the hearty dish with a medium bodied red wine Pinot Noir to counter the rich stewed beef. The in-laws were very pleased :) I'm planning to prepare Truffade next week but I am still looking for the recipe. Do you have one?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Rob said: 'I'm planning to prepare Truffade next week but I am still looking for the recipe. Do you have one?'

Sorry, I missed your post.

Peal and boil enough nice potatoes (the red ones are the best) to accommodate your guests. Just before they are boiled completely, transfer them to a poele and gently fry for a while. Give them some pepper.

Then cut into chucks some 'Cantal Entre Deux' (chesse) and add to the potatoes and let it melt. (800 grams of cantal Entre Deux and lots of potatoes will feed 6 people)

Let it become a potato chessey gunk.

Et voila, Truffade.

Add, garlic, lardons, if you like.

Tasty potatoes are key as well as buying your cheese from a fromagerie. None of this Lidl cantal entre deux. Yuk.

Best dish in France. If in Paris, eat it here:

http://www.leplombducantal.com/en/index.htm