Cream for Victoria Sponge

CeeJay

YES, my FAVOURITE pastry![:D]  Always yummy, beautiful and golden.

However......Mince, Bum......etc etc.  Id, I have been making it all WRONG[:-))]

I always thought you said SIX ounces of flour so that's what I have been using[:$]

Nevermind, I got in some mascarpone specially yesterday so I will do it with EIGHT tomorrow[:D]

PS I have made "pork parcels" with the pastry, using a good quality "sausage" mince (for farcies) and a nice lot of sage, plenty of freshly ground black pepper.  Only drawback is, whatever the quantity I put out, they go in minutes so that I am obliged to make batches and batches and batches, freeze and re-heat in the oven.

You just make it as you have mint, if it works do not change it.

My problem is that my american friend sent this to me and I used my 'cups' to measure and so wrote it down as I found it.

I have just looked an it is written down as 6oz and on another sheet it's 8oz when I look at my recipe box, Ofcourse, in the US there is a specific cup measurement.

(and there will be a reason for this, I am a very disorganised person, and probably couldn't find the first conversion list I had done, so did another. There are now three sheets of paper in my recipe box. Which is as I said is very disorganised and when I say sheet of paper, I mean the back of a used envelope.[Www])

So to catalpa, you can try it with 6 or 8ozs.

I haven't made any since last December, so I cannot remember what I do.

Sorry catalapa for the confusion.

Oh don't worry about confusion, etc. I'm just pleased to have it again.

Thank you. I've tried to figure out when I last made it with the recipe and it was probably 2014... and I didn't remember the recipe accurately at all when I tried

to recreate it a couple of years ago.

I shall add mascarpone cheese to my shopping list for tomorrow. [kiss]