Green tomato recipes

anotherbanana

They are great pickled.  Do you need a recipe for that?

They are also great sliced, dredged in an egg/milk, breadcrumbs mixture and sauteed in a little olive oil (add garlic and herbs if you like).

You can also cook them in most ways that you would cook ripe tomatoes.  It gives a different result, but I like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is my way to prepare green tomatoes:

Ingredients:

• 4-5 green tomatoes
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 2 large eggs
  • Vegetable oil, for frying

Instructions:

1. Slice the green tomatoes into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Set aside.
  2. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Mix well.
  3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
  4. Dip each tomato slice into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off.
  5. Coat the tomato slice in the flour-cornmeal mixture, pressing lightly to ensure it adheres. Repeat with the remaining tomato slices.
  6. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
  7. Carefully place the coated tomato slices into the hot oil, a few at a time, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
  8. Fry the tomatoes for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown. Adjust the heat if needed to prevent burning.
  9. Once fried, transfer the tomatoes to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
  10. Serve the fried green tomatoes hot as a side dish or appetizer. They can be enjoyed on their own or with a dipping sauce like ranch dressing or remoulade.

You can also add a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese or a dash of hot sauce to the flour-cornmeal mixture for added flavor. I usually serve them with …………….or korean fried chicken.

Edited by anotherbanana
Link to advert