English language book discussion here

Russethouse

Please post titles of English language books you would like to see discussed here, limit on price of £10 or euro equivilent.

If we can decide get suggestions over the next two days and decide on Sunday people can get ordering. This is new so we may have to alter or refine things as we go !

All suggestions gratefully received [:)]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prince_of_Mist

Did this search and realised that there was a blow by blow account of the book, which I didn't read, incidentally. What I read was the first paragraph and it sounds spooky and I am a scardey cat. I'll give it a go if it isn't too frightening, but it doesn't take much to have me hiding behind the settee. I am brave and reckless quite often, but some things I cannot read or watch.

I think we should start from the bottom and work our way up so I suggest 'Irene Iddesleigh' by the irrascible Amanda McKittrick Ros.

She was a great lady and invented so much that has developed the novel in English even if she was Irish.

I collect her first editions especially with her hand written notations. She was a wonderful lady.

[quote user="Gardener"]The Kite Runner Khaled Hosseini[/quote]

When I realised Khaled knew very little about kite flying my enjoyment of his story ended.

His previous book was much better.