moses basket / crib

squidge

afternoon all,

anyone have any suggestions as to where to buy one of these? presumably they're too big to deliver via on-line?

the littleone has been in my tummy for 24 weeks now. we're having some issues with the results of the rubella blood tests (both tests have come back positive....even though i was immunised at the age of 12 ....and haven't had any symptoms or poorly feelings), and so want to do a spot of retail therapy!

squidge x

If you really mean a basket, you might find someone selling basketry things in the markets. There are two who come to Mirande market and they sell a big range of items. If you want something special they will arrange to have it made. You might need to line it yourself. Not very expensive - we bought a huge log basket for 35€  .

Squidge, if you can tell us where you are in France (or preferably put it on your profile) someone may be able to recommend a good baby goods shop.

I wouldn't recommend a basket from a market unless it was specifically made as a baby's basket as you wouldn't find a suitable (ie: safe/snug) sized matress, and there may be sharp bits of wicker protruding. 

Hi

And firstly Congrats ! I've got a 6 month old little girl so this time last year was just pregnant, Firstly, dont know if u know but babycentre has a parents in france forum which is very active and informative :O) and moses baskets, we had a discussion a few weeks ago about them, personally I bought one from troc when I had my DS 4 years ago, this time I didn't even use it, and with DS I only tended to use it downstairs and he went straight into a cot, they are usually in one for about 8 weeks so please please please don't go spending lots, theres alot more fun and interesting baby things to spend your money on :O)

Try Carrefour (I know they had them) and auchan, cora,  aubert if your into spending lots, (i'm not) and trocs or Ebay had loads the other week.

hth

Pippa

[quote user="Me0wp00"]Hi
theres alot more fun and interesting baby things to spend your money on :O)
[/quote]

I wonder if in one of Squidge's more hazy hormonal moments I could persuade her that gin is a 'baby thing'?

Mr Squidge[:)]

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for all the info everyone!

before i forget, in response to the question, i'm in the ariege (did have it in info bit but it seems to have fallen off!)

after spending lots of hours searching the web..... the latest thinking is to buy one online from john lewis and get a lovely friend to bring it over from england with them when they visit us in a couple of weeks time.

there's one just like we're looking for (plain and simple - no teddy bears/frills/bows) and it's only £30. couldn't find any cheaper than about 100 euros in france..... and they're not half as nice!!

next post: nappies!

You can get moses baskets in France, go to any baby shop. As someone said earlier they are called ..couffins. I bought one for my daughter in December. Think it cost approx 75 euros. My little grandaughter is 4mths old and still in it with room to spare.

janey

I know a couple back in the UK called Mark and Squidge and at first I thought 'I never knew they had moved to France', then I looked on your weblink and see that it is not the same Mark and Sqidge but what a weiiiird coincindence.  Do all men called Mark seek out a  a soulmate and call them Squidge????

[quote user="cassis"]We knew it was you, Squidge.  If it had been Mark he would have been complaining about the lack of teddy bears, frills and bows.  We know his tastes. [Www]
[/quote]

Lack of tack is cack.

I wonder if Mark of the other Mark and Squidge in England is a poet like wot I am - now that WOULD be a coincidence.

Did you know that nothing rhymes with 'orange'?  Poets know that sort of stuff.

Uh-oh, already getting a bit off-topic.  Um...

What's a good name for a baby?

.......you're going to do the 'nothing doesn't actually rhyme with orange' joke now aren't you Zoggy. 

Bums ... You stole my punchline.

You could do like the Apaches and call sprog after the first thing you see when you step outside your tipi.

Around here it could be called something like "Fat Cow Chewing Grass" or "Large Rodent in Water".

Nothing rhymes with silver, too.  Versatile word, nothing.