What are the best French baby names for a girl ?

lucastamiller

Congratulations.

It is always difficult to decide what is a good name. Our view of names is often coloured by whether or not we like people who have that name. How do you like your husband's mother's name or other family names. Where do you live? America, France or somewhere else? You could try googling for common French girls names and see if any of those appeals to you. Good luck in any case

I think Rabbie is right that sometimes it depends on people who you have know with that name in the past.

It also depends on what kinds of names you like. There are a couple of Oceans around here, but it's not a name that appeals to me.

I think Delphine is a charming name that would suit a little girl or an adult. Carol or Carole would be OK in either language.

The latest addition around these parts is one of my neighbours four-years-old Victoire and we are all under orders that it will never be Vikki.

You chose, your baby, you have to live with your baby and also as they grow up, explain how they got their name if they think it is rubbish and hate it.

And some names are not said the same in french either. Look at Agnes, said  as Ann'yes in french, which is far prettier IMO, than AG ness which is a 'hard' sounding name.