The Bugatti Queen

Hoddy

I've just finished reading this book by Miranda Seymour. Helene Delangle was a French woman racing driver who broke several world speed records in the 1930s. It set me wondering - why are there no really top class women racing drivers today ?

Hoddy

True, although I'm not sure that Danika's one win wasn't due more to tactics and luck than talent. She didn't do a lot this season worthy of much note.  Milka and Sarah have yet to cut it, imo.  No woman has yet to make it in Nascar, where most of the top US talent is.  And Ms Halliday is American, btw.

The future for women in motor racing is looking promising though.  SARAH MOORE looks to me like a great driver in the making from the races I've watched her in on MSUK this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Michelle Mouton was a bit handy in a rally car, and my friend Catherine Legge did well in the States as is currently doing DTM.

In the past many women raced Bugatti's, and there were many woman who raced at Brooklands, indeed Barbara Cartland organised a race solely for women at Brooklands, but that's history currently there are quite a large amount of women racing at all levels, so many in fact, I've never considered it odd!