Well-Reviewed Author Seeks Advice on French Themed Novel-in-Progress

Greetings. I have spent several years researching and writing a novel set in France. Might there be a reader among us, either a native of France or longterm resident, willing to take a quick look at a final draft and answer two questions: 1) Are the French characters authentic? and 2) Are the French colloquialisms and slang terms properly used?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and duly acknowledged in the published book. All the best!

[quote user="germainewrites"]Greetings. I have spent several years researching and writing a novel set in France. Might there be a reader among us, either a native of France or longterm resident, willing to take a quick look at a final draft and answer two questions: 1) Are the French characters authentic? and 2) Are the French colloquialisms and slang terms properly used?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and duly acknowledged in the published book. All the best![/quote]

1) - Authenticity, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder!

My first thought on that is that it very much depends on who your readers will be. Will they be wearing rose-tinted specs and expect a Peter-Mayle characterisation? Or will they understand the unmentionable and darker French under-belly?

2) - That's a lot easier! I'll do it! [:D]

PS:

my credentials: English-speaking French national...

Send me an email or PM if you're interested...