Beautiful leather bound French books

WendyG

Posted this earlier but it seems to have disappeared!

Please looking for advice.

My late husband and his father-in-law had a vast collection of old (1800s etc) beautiful leather bound French books which unfortunately I am now unable to keep due to downsizing. 

They are on a multitude of subjects - history, zoology, telephonic, electricity, medical, entomology, molluscs, theatre, lace, et al.  There are also many by well known authors such as Balzac, Georges Sand and so on.    In other words a very extensive library.

They are bound in red, blue, green, gold tooled leather and are very beautiful quite apart from the reading matter.

Any advice as to the best way to dispose of these books would be greatly appreciated. 

I also have a series of books on all the areas of France, beautifully illustrated, these of course are more modern.  Also many art books in English, have given some of these to the charity Mind in the UK.

WendyG

The most obvious answer would be to sell them through ebay.fr or ebay.co.uk (for the English language ones).

On the fr site they should be posted under the livres anciens section.  However I have to say I am not sure whether you will attract an audience that these books would seem to deserve, but it is the best I can come up with.  Sell them individually rather than as a collection, except where books are part of a series themselves.