Insurance

cheminot

Just over £300 equivalent - doesn't sound too bad to me for a bike like that. Have you tried speaking to the local agents for the insurance companies themselves? Surprisingly perhaps they sometimes seem to be able to offer better deals than the brokers in France.

[quote user="cheminot"]I've just registered my Triumph Thunderbird in France. The broker I use for my car has quoted me 450 euros for insurance which I think is a bit too much. Any suggestions for alternative quotes would be most welcome. cheminot[/quote]

Cheminot,

give Mutual de Motards a try www.amdm.fr  Not sure where you are, but they have offices in most major towns.

They only cover bikes and, as a true mutual company, there is an initial joining fee (60€ or thereabouts). You can have more than one bike with their policies and you get built-in cover for all your kit and riding gear plus a good Europe-wide breakdown/recovery service. My cover for my Sprint ST cost 420 €'s for the first year, but I am now paying 300€'s. That is for fully comp.