A video camera on the bike

Bob T

[quote user="Bob T"] Ignore him SD, he has nothing better to do and doesn't even live here............. 
[/quote]

Pathetic, since when has this forum only been for people who live in France.  Come on Bobby Boy, you can do better than that mate.

[quote user="Chief"][quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Oi, Chief!!

Not sure why you had to make six fairly pointless posts about identifying Bob's bike, but you're interrupting my enjoyment of Jude's bum........[:@]

[/quote]

but there are many other offences that could probably be identified in his clips. 

[/quote]

Please feel free to point them out

[quote user="Bob T"][quote user="Chief"][quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Oi, Chief!!

Not sure why you had to make six fairly pointless posts about identifying Bob's bike, but you're interrupting my enjoyment of Jude's bum........[:@]

[/quote]

but there are many other offences that could probably be identified in his clips. 

[/quote]

Please feel free to point them out
[/quote]

No intention of doing so mate.  I think the point that you appear to be missing is that, you need to either review your blog and remove any identifying features from it, or review/remove this post, or leave both intact but refrain from posting videos on youtube.  It might not appear to be the case, but this posting has probably done you a big long term favour.  If i can find you in 10 minutes a policeman with time on his hands can also find you.  If you are fully conversant with the French Highway Code, and absolutely 100% compliant with it, then leave your videos where they are, no problem.  As i said in my first post on this thread...good luckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk to you. [:D]

Hey Sunday Driver - there's no way he's putting that rear-end photo of me on the Bird on here! This is the best you're going to get!

Jude

[IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/bikesindordogne/Jude%20on%20her%20bike/judbikeCBR6A2doc.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Chief"][quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Oi, Chief!!

[/quote]

SD, not being a killjoy, but the point is that when it is so easy to identify someone from video or other sources (their own blog for christ sake), is it really wise to be pointing the public to videos of yourself on the internet hooning around on your bike.  Particularly after making sarky comments to the effect that your unidentifiable.  Bob T may claim to be riding within the limit and full credit to him if he is, but there are many other offences that could probably be identified in his clips.  I have a bike myself and love hooning around.  Not averse to speeding at all, just doesn't seem clever to me to posting vids about it.  Good luck to the guy as far as im concerned, whatever floats his boat.

[/quote]

Chief

I looked at Bob's video (once the server would allow me access) and the evil part of me was hoping he'd be "hooning" it around (like you apparently love doing) so I could take the mickey out of him for posting it up for the gendarmes to see.  Bob clearly has his head screwed on properly because, as it turns out, the video clip showed him riding at a speed you'd be hard pushed to describe as anywhere near over the speed limit - that's why I made the "slippers" comment. 

As for identifying other offences in his clips, I'd be interested too if you would enlighten us.....

some good pic's sounded like a tractor though lol - that is some track to your house bet it's fun in the wet... 

I used a helmet camera a few years back to good effect...  only problem with these things though is that everyone is only interested if you are doing something out of the ordinary or crashing, I managed a couple of crashes with mine very funny...

[img]http://www.whereistonynow.co.uk/india/TONYFALL.JPG[/img] 
http://www.civvie-street.co.uk/bike/india2.wmv 

We were having a really good fast ride through hairpin after hairpin and decided to rig up the helmet cam - the idea being I would follow Justin "The Tourist" through the turns and get it on video - We went through them like mental bikers really tearing up the roads, Well you would wouldn't you? locking up the back end to swing the rear round, eventually I took it too far and whilst I was negotiating a group of bikers (who had held us up) and a right hairpin I skidded it round and the foot peddle dug into the road I eased off with the break (mistake) and high-sided flipping me up the other way and spitting me out of the bend - all captured on video - I escaped unharmed but the bike was a little battered (a Jap bike with all its plastic would have been written off!) http://www.civvie-street.co.uk/bike/india1.wmv

http://www.royalmarinesassociation.org.uk/bike/india4.wmv <<<<------ this one is just riding like an Indian

Heck Nomad, they are frightening videos. The first one looks like you may have taken another bike or two with you, The second one looks like you must have been riding a 3" wide bike! I felt sorry for the poor pedestrians trying to use the crossings, they don't stand much chance in that traffic. Must have been a great experiance.

Thanks for sharing the vids.

My bike does sound like a tractor on the video, I could say that with the camera being just behind the screen, the sound is amplified, but in reality it does sound like that.

I liked the first one (url just under the photo). 

Mate's already gone off up the hill.  Shouts "Come on Nomad, what are you waiting for".  Nomad replies " Mmm, not sure..."  Mate say " Come on, you wuss...".  A brief pause, then the moment Nomad gently rocks the bike back just a touch to ease his left turn......that was the exact point when you just knew the accident was going to happen.

Priceless....[:D]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

I liked the first one (url just under the photo). 

Mate's already gone off up the hill.  Shouts "Come on Nomad, what are you waiting for".  Nomad replies " Mmm, not sure..."  Mate say " Come on, you wuss...".  A brief pause, then the moment Nomad gently rocks the bike back just a touch to ease his left turn......that was the exact point when you just knew the accident was going to happen.

Priceless....[:D]

[/quote]

That is as it happened - except one small detail, the bike was a Royal Enfield Bulitt 350 18BHP and a false neutral between every gear change - I set off up the hill in what I thought was 1st gear but in fact was second - Randy was the guy up the hill (Yank - loaned me his ElectraGlide in Blue to ride 101 but that is another story and another crash)