motorcycle insurance cost in Fr

dogwood

Hi

Can anyone advise me of the cost of insurance?

My wife just renewed hers in England with Bennetts. a Yam XT225 cost £80. My Triumph 900 Thunderbird was about £170 2 years ago. Any idea what we would expect to pay here? I am 54 (sh*t how old) my wife is 48. both with full no claims.

Dogwood

Just as a point of interest my quad ( a bombardier outlander max 400) was just under 300€. half what I would pay in England. I know the bike won't be like that!! the UK hates Quads!!!!!

I think the cost of bike insurance will make your eyes water here.

It cost me 450euros to insure my T'bird here. I wont say I couldn't have got it cheaper but I did shop around and there wasnt much difference in the price like-for-like. (It includes european recovery, accessories and clothing).

I am 57 with 7yrs ncb.My renewal quote from ebike in the UK was £94.50!

cheminot

Strange that, When we brought our bikes over we found it much cheaper here. I paid £360 for my last year in the UK and €145 for my first year here. Jude paid around £290 in the UK and also €145 here. Got to remember that there is no road tax here and no CT for bikes either.

Hi Bob T , 

Your insurance premiums certainly sound attractive , would you mind telling me the Insurance Company.

Currantly I'm with MMA and paying double that for a 600 . I suppose usual commission applies !

Thanks in advance    socket

Hi

Thanks for the replies guys.

It looks like its the same as in the UK..... Shop around and shop around to get the best price you can, then shop around again[blink]

It would appear that the costs are not disimilar to the UK (Providing you shop around[:D])

Much as I love my Quad I realy do miss not having a bike. 35 years biking!!!!!! 3 years now without being able to ride[:(]

I am seriously thinking of getting another bike (Dont tell my OH) 

Do you know if you can get "Test rides" here in France? I want to be sure I can still hold a bike up ( coz of my accident) before I shell out my OH's cash[:-))]

Do you think Sunday Driver will let me have a go on his new bike ? [:P][:D] 

Dogwood

How about a nice mint condition 500 twin? 

[img]http://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/suzuki-history/2002/2002_GS500_250.jpg[/img]

Lightweight and easy to hold up.  Plenty of power for keeping up with the other reprobates on rideouts.  80mpg.  Cheap insurance. First registered in 2001 then dry stored until a month ago.  8,000 miles only, now French registered. 

Photos and test ride available by appointment.....[:D] 

Hi Sunday Driver

I take it thats a NO on riding yours then??[:D][:D]

Could be the sort of thing I'm looking for. I suppose a Rocket 3 was a bit ambitious [blink]

Any idea what sort of price? PM me if you like.

I'm popping back to England this afternoon, may have a look in the local dealers there and get a test ride just to see how I get on[Www]

Cheers Dogwood

Just found this on eblag. I have had 2 of these inthe past in the 850cc vertion. does anyone know if the 900 has fixed the gearbox probs that the 850 had? horrid clonking and the transmition lag was a nightmare on roundabouts.

I know i am still being a bit ambitious but......[:$]