quad laws

Meduse

We actually had a sheep turn up at our place last year! Just one, completely unannounced, I have no idea where she came from, or where she went. No one would have known if we'd popped her in the freezer! I don't object to stray sheep, but dogs tearing uncontrolled through the flower bed, and on top of that baying while they  knock the  blasted flowers down really upsets me.  I think dog owners have a responsibility to control their animals. After  too many visits from too many  uncontrolled canines I bought a catapault!  So far I'm having trouble hitting a large oak at 20 paces. My husband is more worried I'll hit his car!  Our French neighbours have quads and I love them - the quads and the neighbours. Great fun. As Bob T said it's everyone to their own. I can't figure out how people can like playing golf, but I don't want them banned from playing.

Hello,

Hold on a minute , I'm confused here, lost the plot. I'm reading about wild dogs, people taking pot shots, others picking out human remains from their radiators, Parisians playing loud music whilst riding jet skis ( how do they do that on farm tracks? ) , horse riders going up against Quads , open season on walkers by drunken hunters and the minority groups telling us how to behave .

In all of this nobody has mentioned the next motorbike rideout, should be good , We've done the scaring of old ladies , handbag snatching and mugging bit . The next one, so we've been promised , is the popular rape and pillage one , that's right in'it bugbear ?

Regards socket

Theer are oafs on both sides of most arguments.

However it is worth noting that noise/power can often have an effect across a very wide area, partcularly one which was hitherto relatively quiet.  So one person's fun can actully be destroying many, many, others' enjoyment.

I hope that makes sense. It is a bit late. BTW I don't know the answer. Both sides need to be accommodated somehow.

[quote user="socket"]

In all of this nobody has mentioned the next motorbike rideout, should be good , We've done the scaring of old ladies , handbag snatching and mugging bit . The next one, so we've been promised , is the popular rape and pillage one , that's right in'it bugbear ?

Regards socket

[/quote]

What, with my knee..........and shoulder..............and elbows ?

........................................................[:D][:D]

Hello SD, pleased to hear you're back, would have thought that you'd had enough of plundering and pillaging after two hard weeks in Cannock .

Hi Bugbear, don't worry about your knees, shoulders and elbows , we'll leave you to guard the bikes whilst we do the business Ok

Bob T, yes you're welcome , but only as an observer, 'cos we all carry chains and sprockets, and you 'aint got any hav' yer  No

Winegum , sorry this is a man's thing

Regards socket

socket wrote:

Regards socket

Can I come along? I'm an a inconsiderate antisocial selfish oaf. Or so I've been told, I should fit right in[:D][:D][:D]

Dogwood  [8-|]

OK I'll wait for you and the GS500........[;-)]

Dogwood

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/muddypaws4x4/hatin.jpg[/IMG]  

If you prefer 2 wheels perhaps I'll bring my van 

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/muddypaws4x4/truck.gif[/IMG]

• 1 month later...
[quote user="dogwood"]

I am a quad rider. I use my quad as I can no longer ride a bike because I had my legs smashed by a car driver who had better things to do than look where he was going.[/quote]

Ouch, been there, got two metal legs to proove it ..... 8 months in hospital and the thick end of a year not walking has a sobering effect on one (still want another bike though !!!). Still, all better now (pretty much) and I have no issue with quads (we have one and two KTM motox bikes too for the kids) as long as they are used sensibly and leagally there is no reason for everyone not to enjoy the open space.