Ride-out 25th March...to Val de Vienne Race Circuit 87.

Bugsy

Ride out to the race circuit Val de Vienne. Situated at Vigeant which is South-East of Poitiers and West of Limoges

http://www.circuit-valdevienne.com/

Meet Sunday 25th  March at 09-00 hours in the Super U car park at Sauze Vaussais (D948). We will leave promptly at 09-30 (note earlier times, please let me know if this is a problem)

Not a race meeting but track open day so there should be plenty to see (cars). For those who haven't been to Val de Vienne, it's a beautiful circuit with good viewing. There is no spectator entry fee on open days. Not sure if there is food laid on so we may have to find somewhere nearby for a bite to eat. 

Weather permitting of course. Please post if you are coming.

Following on from our regular saga of someone getting lost, I have a 'cunning plan' (black adder).

(Pinched from Rospa's safe riding in groups)

Each rider will keep an eye on the rider to his rear. This should ensure that we stay togther, peut-être.

Hello Bugbear,

Yes, count me in , weather no problem , guarantee , on the 25th it's the start of

" British Summer Time "      [:(]

Regards socket

Hi Gary

I'd like to come on Sunday but we're over in UK until weekend and I may be pushing my luck taking another day off on our return!

I'll make a decision on Saturday and hopefully the weather will have improved too.

Nev (Sid)

[quote user="not quite the boy craig"]Does open day mean that we could do a few laps if we wish and if so what sort of money are we talking about.  Oh yeah weather permitting count me in[/quote]

Not this weekend Craig but they have two or three bike 'track days' each year. Cost is around 60 €'s, which is good value. There is also a riding school there if you don't want to run your own bike.

SD, are you bringing your new toy for us all to see ?

Hello,

Is there anyone going on the Sunday rideout who is passing thro' St Jean d'Angely or Aulnay ?

If so , and you want company on route to the meeting place at Sauze Vaussais, then post me Ok

Regards socket    [I]

Do  you want me to post you a map ?             [:D][:D]

Coming to date

Ron, Keith, Ian, Craig & yours truly, Neville is a probable.

I don't know if Brians coming (he's gone to the UK)

I also don't know if Daves coming or the other Keith ?

I'm getting a feeling that the more 'slower members' would prefer a later start from Sauze V.

No problem, if you would like to change the start time to 09.30 -10.00. It makes sense with the clocks going forward and it will give you more time to take your medications [:D][:D].

It's not a long ride to the circuit anyway, about 50-60k so 09.30 is OK with me.

Please post to confirm guys, it saves me having to phone around.

Gary.

So we assemble from 9.30 with a view to leaving at 10?  Fine with us but if the météo forcasts more than just the odd shower then we may give it a miss also.    Since coming to France we've been strictly fair weather riders - where possible...