BMW v Moto Guzzi

jxedwards

Looks like the wife will let me buy a bike at the end of the year when 1 of my insurance policies matures (unlike myself).

Been some 10 years or so since I had a bike so way out of touch.

However I fancy 2 at the moment.

1) moto Guzzi California

2) BMW R1200 C Montauk.

So come give me the votes which 1 would you choose?

John

Gents,

Thanks for the advice food for thought.

My rational behind the choice is, I saw the BMW and immediately liked the look of it. The technical merits of the bike speed handling etc not really much of a concern for me as it will just be used for sunny afternoon rides on my own as wifey refuses to sit behind me.

Moto Guzzi, I have always liked the look of it. Again I know the have a reputation of unreliability but since they are now tied to Aprilla i belive it has improved.

Not sure if I will buy a new or 2ndhand Guzzi. Obviously the BMW would be 2nd hand.

Triumph well would be patriotic!!! Any other choices?

I will certainly test ride all options before buying as at 6ft 2", sorry 1.88m and 18 stone plus height etc play a part.

Many thanks

John

[quote user="jxedwards"]

I will certainly test ride all options before buying as at 6ft 2", sorry 1.88m and 18 stone plus height etc play a part.

[/quote]

Hey. you're in Harley territory there........................... Biker 

Hi all, if it was me it would be the BMW, I have a few classic,s a BSA and a T120R, also a trophy 900 picked up for £500  used for playing around on when the suns out. My french neighbour as a harley in police spec complete with lights and so on, great fun, yes I know the engines are not good, but it does sound great and I have always wanted one, and its all about having fun, is it not. michael