2000/w reg blackbird

adventure

After 3 return journeys from N England to Languedoc this year we have finally bought a standard blackbird with the intention of leaving it at our French home for use whilst there.  We are planning to ride down through France on this bike in May 08. 

Is there much I can do from England in the meantime to speed up the registration process for when the bike does move to France?  I will be in France myself before May if there are preparations I can make there too?

Thanks

[quote user="adventure"]

After 3 return journeys from N England to Languedoc this year we have finally bought a standard blackbird with the intention of leaving it at our French home for use whilst there.  We are planning to ride down through France on this bike in May 08. 

Is there much I can do from England in the meantime to speed up the registration process for when the bike does move to France?  I will be in France myself before May if there are preparations I can make there too?

Thanks

[/quote]

I hate to pour cold water on your plan but experience's of friends trying to register pre-2004 large capacity (over 106hp),Hondas is not good.

My friend spent two years trying to register a 2000 Fireblade, he gave up in the end and took it back to the UK to sell it.

You cannot get away with just a headlight. The powers that be will insist on a whole load of changes that can cost a lot of money.

Dashboard, light unit, restrictor mechanism, to name a few. 

You may also have to provide 'E' numbers for virtually all components on the machine.

Post 2004 are a completely different ballgame as most bikes registered after that date come with a european C of C.

I hope you can get it all done and I'll happily be proved wrong, but I don't somehow think so. 

Good luck anyway.