st1100 reregistering in France

panman69

Hi, i have an st1100 abs/tcs model of 2001 vintage (one of the last before the 1300 appeared) has anyone registered one and if so roughly what was the cost?

the headlight although it has a level beam it is not marked e13 on the glass but has '(europe)' marked on the rear. Would it just be a case of contacting Honda france for the CoC and see what they say?

many thanks in advance for the answers that i will get

Andy  (Panman69)

I registered my 1992 ST1100 here without any problems a few years back.  Honda France supplied an "Attestation d'identification pour véhicules importés conformés a un type national Francais" and charged me 100€.

The puissance fiscal rating for an ST is 10CV.  The typical registration fee for motorcycles is 16€ per CV so that'd work out at about 160€ for your bike.  As mine was over 10 years old, my fee was halved....[:P]

As regards headlamps, my attestation bore the words "NOTA: Changer le(s) projecteurs si la motocyclette était prévue pour rouler a gauche (ex. véhicules en provenance de la Grande Bretagne).  However, I originally missed this because it was written in tiny letters at the bottom of the certificate, and when I took it to the préfecture, the registration clerk missed it too....  [:)]

These days, I'd expect Honda France to ask you first to supply a dealer letter certifying that the headlamp complies with the code de la route, but as you say, try them and see.