Well, it had to happen...............

Bugsy

[quote user="Bugbear"]Nice engineering, but not really for european riding. Check out how low the rockers are on the bottom cylinder.

I'm just not a Harley type sort of bloke really, preferring something that actually goes round corners without leaving a trail of sparks.......[:D]

Do like this though

[/quote]

The radial engined bikes are gross. Those trikes can also have 2CV engines. I bet the kind of person that buys a harley engine to put in a bike will forget the baffles too.

I had a friend sold his R1 and bought a very trick tuned Harley. He was a very quick rider. It was a hoot but the draft up your trouser legs was horrid. What really concerned me was the lack of brakes all the weight was over the rear wheel and the rear brake did most of the work. I asked him what he was going to do if he had to stop quickly he replied "I'll worry about that when it happens".

He didn't keep it for long.

[quote user="Dog"]

[quote user="Bugbear"]Nice engineering, but not really for european riding. Check out how low the rockers are on the bottom cylinder.

I'm just not a Harley type sort of bloke really, preferring something that actually goes round corners without leaving a trail of sparks.......[:D]

Do like this though

[/quote]

The radial engined bikes are gross. Those trikes can also have 2CV engines. I bet the kind of person that buys a harley engine to put in a bike will forget the baffles too.

I had a friend sold his R1 and bought a very trick tuned Harley. He was a very quick rider. It was a hoot but the draft up your trouser legs was horrid. What really concerned me was the lack of brakes all the weight was over the rear wheel and the rear brake did most of the work. I asked him what he was going to do if he had to stop quickly he replied "I'll worry about that when it happens".

He didn't keep it for long.

[/quote]

No matter how much weight there is over the rear wheel its the front brake which does the majority of the braking work. Incidentally your friend is an interesting sort, R1 Brakes are among the best standard equipment set ups. Harleys quite the reverse... generally under heavy braking having all the retardant effect of driving through mud with flat tyres.

[quote user="Bugbear"]Pretty thing that, but I wouldn't want to clean it.

There is also a clue in the double drip trays sitting below it...............clearly not a Triumph....[:D][:D]
[/quote]

Clearly not a Triumph?....yes two drip trays is a bit 'Minimalist' for a Trumpet  ;-)

[quote user="Bugbear"]I met the guy Derek, we used to live only a few miles away.

Excellent museum.

[/quote]

When my son first started trials riding we went to Sammy's shop to buy him some boots.  Sammy was in the shop and my son asked him for his autograph. He brought out a photo and signed it then told my son that he was getting his bit of sponsorship... and gave him a pair of his trials gloves.  A nice touch.