Well, I'm finally back home with my new bike.

Bugsy

A 2009 Triumph America.

Some of you will know that I had recently taken the decision to sell my Sprint ST and buy a cruiser. More sedate and laid-back, and Mrs B is happy on the back (for short runs anyway [:)] )

Caught the plane from Poitiers on wednesday (the last one to fly so a bit lucky with that). Picked up at Stansted by the owner and his wife and driven to their loverly home in Essex.

The bike is absolutely as brand new with only 1500 miles on the clock (its never been wet). Stayed the night (thanks Doug) and after a quick visit to the bank to transfer the funds, I set off for my sisters in Wimborne. Talk about an interesting couple of miles spent wobbling round corners and searching for footpegs  

Anyway it all fell into place quite quickly and absolutely no problem. After the visit and a bacon sandwich I set off to catch the night boat from Portsmouth to Caen and on arrival joined the hundreds of bikes in the queue (its Le Mans 24 hour this weekend). Boat was absolutely full so no cabins available but found a little niche to lay my head.

On the road by seven on Friday morning heading south. Stopped every hour for a break before arriving home early afternoon. Developed a bit of 'bum-ache' but apart from that its pretty comfortable.

Now, where's the polish?

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/164.jpg[/IMG]

Nice clean bike - you'll have to get some tassles for the handlebar ends.

As age takes hold it's good to sit more upright on a bike rather than stretched over the tank - and I believe you can see more.

So that's why you wanted to take a helmet on an airplane - what did you do in the end?

[quote user="f1steveuk"]I'm not a great fan or cruisers as a rule, but that is a nice mix of cruiser/muscle bike, enjoy!!
[/quote]

Where does the muscle come in. The power and torque are both missing? But it's a pretty bike.

[quote user="Dog"]Where does the muscle come in. The power and torque are both missing? But it's a pretty bike.[/quote]

61bhp & 79ft/lbs of torque, plenty for me. It'll cruise all day at 110 and its a Triumph, of course.

[quote user="Dog"]Nice clean bike - you'll have to get some tassles for

the handlebar ends.

As age takes hold it's good to sit more upright on a bike rather than

stretched over the tank - and I believe you can see more.

So that's why you wanted to take a helmet on an airplane - what did

you do in the end?[/quote]

I flew from Poitiers to Stansted on the last flight out.

Definitely NO tassles[:D]

No I meant how do you get on with the helmet?

When I bought a Valkyrie all my sports biking mates took the proverbial and yet they all want to ride it and come away with smiling faces.

Stoppies and wheelies make everyone laugh with a half ton plus bike.

It is a massive laugh riding around power rangers on sports bikes in the twisties sending up showers of sparks.

I would buy a Rocket Three but I dislike the feeling of triples and the Valk eats tyres so I wonder how long they'd last on the Rocket with some spirited riding.