Honda Varadero 1000

peachy

Has anyone French registered a Varadero 1000 v2 from the UK, ive spoke to Honda France and they asked for a letter explaining what I require, a cheque for 120 Euros and they will send me a letter of conformity, cant be that easy ??? headlights, speedo ,

With what they send you, you will probably have to visit a Honda dealer to check lights, speedo and power output. After that that you should get the CofC.

If the bike is newer than 2002 why don't you ask Honda UK to supply one? They may do that for free as long as the bike is not a grey import.

Peachy

My 1998 Honda VFR800 was indeed as simple as you describe. I wrote to Honda France and got a form back by reply on which I had to list all the markings of the various components such as mirrors, indicators, headlamp, reflectors, exhaust, tyres even! I guess they wanted to check the "E" numbers amongst other things. My headlamp is marked "E13" for some reason, even though this is a UK spec bike bought new in UK. As far as I'm aware this is indicates a Luxembourg-origin lamp!! Anyway, I completed the form and sent it back with a cheque for 100€ in my case. The speedo had mph and kph, as is standard for a UK bike, but I decided to change that to a kph-only instrument because the dual one had very small digits for the kph scale. I sourced one through my Honda forum contacts.

In a couple of weeks I got my CoC. No visit to a dealer was required, just a visit to the prefecture and I got the Carte Grise immediately, no hassle at all.

Just do what they ask and it works a treat!

Good luck

Sid