A very good idea

f1steveuk

I'm late responding to this thread, sorry!

The idea looks good, but do the emergency services carry equipment (PC etc) to be able to read the tag? The user reviews seem to suggest that they handed over the tag themselves which wouldn't happen if you were unconscious for example.

In the UK (which in my opinion is way behind many other European countries) most police cars and Ambulances (my other half worked within the Ambulance service until very recently) have lap tops, and hospitals now have an intranet (X rays are sent around the hospital now by this means), so access to a USB port is getting easier.

The tag does have the Internationally recognised symbol on it, so although it may not be the first thing checked, it is slowly becoming common practise.

Why I find it handy is the extra storage space other than the medical section. Twenty minutes with a scanner, and I have a jpeg copy of ALL my important documents on me at all times, passport, license, home insurance, car insurance etc etc There have been times in the past I would have been very grateful for that!!

I can see the value of having copies of important stuff but for me the most important thing would be having medical and contact details available; not much use if it's not one of the first things the emergency services check for, or having found it, are then unable to read it.

I could carry copy documents on a normal USB key for about a quarter of the cost.

I've gone from being keen (I love gadgets anyway) to sceptical about its usefulness.

I'll put it on the same list as Kindle ! [:)]