lhd glass for my headlight

bigears

hi

want to buy a lhd glass for my uk spec 98 honda cb250 nighthawk for driving in europe. Done a search and cannot find a supplier, is the french name optique de phare? Anyone got any suggestions for a supplier, I think its a standard 7 or 8 inch lense, not sure as bike is in uk. Thanks

I'd check first, many motorcycle headlamps just have adjusting screws to angle the reflector to left or right.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

Are very good for Honda spares and give good discount - though I have a pet Honda Dealer that will slightly better his prices but I pay cash upfront.

Perhaps "vitre de phare"

David Silver is pretty good for Honda spares but you're unlikely to get a non-UK glass in England, I think, although you may be lucky, he tends to stock parts for UK models.

Is it just the glass you need? I can't remember when sealed beam headlamps came in, but it was years ago, and I have a 1998 Honda VFR and that would require a full headlamp, not just a glass.

Why not try one of the motorcycle forums, this is a good one, (check out the Honda section!)  http://www.bikersoracle.com/central/forum/ or Ebay

[quote user="bigears"]hi want to buy a lhd glass for my uk spec 98 honda cb250 nighthawk for driving in europe. Done a search and cannot find a supplier, is the french name optique de phare? Anyone got any suggestions for a supplier, I think its a standard 7 or 8 inch lense, not sure as bike is in uk. Thanks[/quote]

Doh! Your original post says GLASS![blink] But the item I highlighted on Ebay is complete, lens plus glass (plus damaged metal rim). I don't believe you can get just a lens (or just a glass), they're bonded together surely?? If yours are separate then they've probably broken! Without the seal the lens will get wet and be ruined in a very short space of time.

CLANG! I see now that you mean for Europe! It was the LHD which threw me... it doesn't really apply to motorbikes does it, at least as far as I've ever seen. [:D] I read your post as meaning for driving on the left.

Generally UK headlamps dip to the left, but some continental ones have a flat cutoff (which works slightly better for cornering).

Sorry!