The trouble with 3-wheelers . . . .

just john

is that your mates leave you behind and you end up stuck behind something at 60k,

[IMG]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/classic69_72/IMG_0257.jpg[/IMG]

or at the lights with a throbbing diesel behind you[8-|]

[IMG]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/classic69_72/IMG_0255.jpg[/IMG]

This outfit cornered spectacularly but couldn't get by anything[:D]

Anybody recognise what they are?

ps Apple iphone camera resolution is crap, it will be replaced!

[quote user="Cathy"]I want a trike.  A blue one.  I did investigate getting one but I am buying a swimming pool instead.  Difficult decision made for me by my children (except my son but he was outvoted).

[/quote]

You're getting a pool, great news [8-|]

I though trikes were only for people who couldn't balance on two wheels [:D]

In Thailand our tuktuk broke down and the driver helped us by flagging down a bike and side meccano thing, four adults up heading down a hill on a 125 yamaha with standard brakes!! more like being on an usafe roller coaster [:-))][:-))][:-))][+o(]

• 1 month later...
I've seen quite a few being ridden (or should that be driven?) by people with a disability. There's a chap I've seen over at Newlands Corner (Surrey) who is in a wheelchair and has a sort of roll-on the trike setup. He's using an old VW engine I think.

• 10 months later...

[quote user="powerdesal"]What exactly is the point of these big trikes, they are not motorcycles and not cars, but you still need all the motorcycle kit to keep dry and warm. No more agile than a sports car and possibly not as much fun, certainly not as flexible weather-wise.[/quote]

Hear, hear! But maybe if you just want something showy to polish...? The fun might be in the build; a lot of kit car people do that, spend ages building and often do a great job, but then don't bother driving it!

They look pretty interesting, but you wouldn't get me on one of those!

S*d the three wheelers, my ambition from about 15 yr was for a Morgan : still to be achieved, but getting more unlikely with competing priorities. Two wheelers even worse - my father lost a leg after an accident during WW2 on a motorbike and subsequently, after producing me and bro, died from PEs.

I can recollect as a child an interesting journey to the Norfolk Broads in a Bond three-wheeler "van" where my family (2 adults and three children, plus luggage) piled in and drove there. As the smallest, and youngest, I was placed on the mound between the driver (rider) and passenger seat - I can still remember the roasting my backside got by sitting there above the engine for so long. {I must say, though, wonderful times given to me by my mother (and step-father, later divorced - not so good!) doing "their" best for the kids}.

Sorry for the even more off topic, but my real reason for posting is that I'm intrigued by the second photo in the opening post. I'm convinced that it's at the crossroads before dropping down into the village/town of Thenon. OH disagrees. John, could you put us out of my misery?

Richard.

we've got Blackjacks - an Avion (2cv engine) and a Zero (Moto Guzzi engine). Can't remember how to post a photo so look at www.blackjackzero.com. Both motorcyclists as well but the Blackjacks are just ... well a little more comfortable when you're getting on in years!