quick fix carburators ?

Kawasaki ER5 3 years old we only bring her out in the summer !! but she wont tick over. (I should have cleaned the fuel out before she was put to sleep) It's looking like the carburators want a blow out. Had a look where to start, you wouldn't believe what will have to come off before I get to them.

Would appreciate any thoughts, other than carburators? Thanks.

Less of a blow-out, more of a clean-out if the old fuel has coated the jets; when laying the bike up next time turn off fuel and run till the carb is empty might help; you can buy a carburettor cleaner which will avoid stripping, probably somewhere like 'Feu-vert'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Engine out to access the air filter?!!!! nahhh........10 minute job, seat off, prop tank if needs be, lid to air box off, filter out ....aerosol carb cleaner (or cold start if you cant find any carb cleaner - basically spray ether) give it (not you) a few lungfulls and see if that works......refitting reverse of dismantling etc.

Thanks for the replies again. I have been about to put the few parts back together again for the last 3 months , having read these threads it has given me fresh heart and I will try these ideas .

I went and bought the carburator cleaner that you put in the fuel Bardhl . Once I sort it (fingers crossed) I think I will hang my leathers up and sell the Kawasaki.

• 3 weeks later...