Nature's beauty

Frenchie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree! I was amazed at the beauty of those landscapes, and my partner was happy to make me discover the beauties of his country !

He asked me if I prefered the Yorkshire dales or the lakes, I could not answer...

We both agreed that it would be nice to have a house there..  Retirement maybe ?? [:D]

Why "and in the UK of all places"?? 

Just because we don't choose to live there any longer doesn't mean it's not very beautiful in places:  Lakes, Scotland, south Wales, Devon, Cornwall .........  Need I go on? 

CBC

In nearly every corner of Britain, there is suberb scenery.  I love a lot of places in the UK, but definately miss the wild and wooly moorland the most.  The forest of Bowland, where I grew up, is stunning.  This isn't Lancashire, but fabulous too:

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/cooperlola/August07091.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Coolbikerchick"]Why "and in the UK of all places"?? 

Just because we don't choose to live there any longer doesn't mean it's not very beautiful in places:  Lakes, Scotland, south Wales, Devon, Cornwall .........  Need I go on? 

CBC
[/quote]

Bikerchick, it was said tongue in cheek, there are a few on the forum that knock it from time to time. But mostly comparing urban UK to rural France that I think is unfair. I adore France but you don't have to convince me about the UK, personally I believe the UK has some of the most beautiful areas in the world. [:)]

[quote user="Frenchie"]It looks beautiful indeed!![/quote]The pic' was taken in Shropshire - my second home which I make a point of going back to every year.  There are still places in the UK where you can walk for miles and see nobody, but they are getting fewer and fewer, sadly.  When I first went to Salop in the 70s it was very peaceful, but these days you have to walk ten minutes from your car to find the unspoilt bits!