Help - what to put on declaration l'ouverture de chantier

I have been given a Declaration l'Ouverture de Chantier, to complete, as I have now received my permis de construire for 5 gites.

As I am only starting the renovation of one of the small houses now - and this will take us 8-12 months, before we start any of the other renovations.....I am unsure which answer to put on the form....

(i) Pour la totalité des travaux, or:

(ii) Pour une tranche des travaux?

If I state that I am starting the total works, would that kick off the planning taxes on the whole project, or tax foncier being charged for all the buildings? Not sure what difference the answer to this question makes......but I definitely don't want to put the wrong thing and then find I have a whole load more taxes coming in. The planning permission tax was a big surprise and I really don't want any more of those.

However, if I complete part (ii) and just state a part of the work is starting, do I need to put in additional forms every time I start another building?

Any help from you guys that have been through this process would be gratefully received.

I'd go for the second and put the completion date as far away as you think you can get away with. Spin it out leaving some small thing to finish.

Good to see there is an optimist out there making more gites!