Axminster or other suppliers delivery to France.

Bud

Hello all,

Anyone get small packages from Axminster power tools sent over to France, need a few small bits and bobs, sharpening stone being one, just trying to guage (need a new one of them aswell!) the cost. OR is their a good french equivalent (pro quality).

Thanks in advance.

here are some sites of french companies - mostly pro stuff but occasional cheap stuff too

http://www.otelo.fr/fr ask for their catalogue, it has everything imaginable on the engineering side among lots of other stuff

http://www.hmdiffusion.com/ woodworking stuff

http://www.metiers-et-passions.com/accueil  - I have a feeling that this one is really the same company as Otelo but aimed at not so pro

Danny

I'm fairly certain that Axminster don't deliver to France (I know Screwfix don't). But it would be worthwhile contacting them to find out for sure. They have a contact page on their website and an FAQ - which doesn't say much one way or the other.

Another answer would be to get a delivery made to someone who is coming out and get them to drop it off to you?

From Axminster's  website.....

Overseas Delivery

Orders to be delivered overseas will not display a carriage charge when placing an order online. When we receive the order it will go on hold, a delivery cost will be worked out and we will then contact you with the total cost and ask if you wish to go ahead with the order.

Thanks all,  re the french links, ive ordered a couple of their catologues (i think!).

Axminster sent me a catologue over so I assumed they would ship products over too, so I'll get an order together, & hope the shipping dont hurt too much.

,,,,,,,,,,,,now anyone know anything about carpets?

Sorry this is late but I've just found the thread (not Twinks') Axminster chage £5 for a kilo package.

If you are after a sharpening stone then you won't do any better than DMT diamond whet stones. I had my first one about 15 years ago. A small pocket stone that I use to sharpen everything from router bits to scalpels and stanley knife blades. Good kit and much better  then their own diamond stones. When I bought my DMT bench stone it was the first time in my life that I had really straight plane blades, very sharp too[8-|][8-|]!!

If you are in doubt about anything that you are buying the tech guys there are VERY helpful and when I wanted to resurface our pine dining table I asked about a elect planer and I was advised to get a belt sander by them. It was about £20 cheaper and did the job wonderfully.

Axminster, I love em... I don't work for them either and never have...[:D]

• 4 weeks later...