Aarghh!!!!!!

TWINKLE

I have spent the last week (and quite a few euros) stripping and sanding my wooden bathroom cabinets because I felt like a change.  I then painted them with a coat of undercoat, gently sanded that before applying two coats of paint that I took hours choosing in 4 different D.I.Y. stores. 

I now have a bathroom that looks like something out of that horrible Austrailian series "Sons and Daughters"!  I feel like crying.

So, this Saturday I will be locking myself in the bathroom and stripping the whole lot off and applying wood varnish - AGAIN!!!

Oh well, you live and learn[:(]

Anyone else had a decorating disaster? 

Reminds me of when we moved into this house. The previous owners had stripped all the lights,fittings,interior doors etc to start a refurb,then on one wall in the lounge/salon had painted multi-coloured strips to try and decide on a colour scheme.That was as far as they got.Some of the colours were so vivid I had to undercoat the wall with 2 coats before I could apply any emulsion or wallpaper.

I don't know about the colour of the wall in the background Twinks but the youtube clip almost made me return my breakfast!

Please, please next time you post a clip like that can you put a health warning with it?

As the paint is new a chemical stripper should take it off quite easily. This might help? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGRMXsPhy4w&feature=fvsr

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

As the paint is new a chemical stripper should take it off quite easily. [/quote]

Are you joking?!!!

Last Saturday I spent FIVE hours stripping two doors (front only) and I thought I was going to go around the bend!

I then spent my Wednesday and Thursday afternoon off re-painting the whole lot BACK to how it was - because I have learned that ugly CAN be made acceptably attractive with the right accessories but it can never become naturally beautiful - EVER!!!!