Steam Bending.

Chris Head

As you might guess I know nothing about the process myself except in connection with coach building and making cart wheels.

Good luck with the bed making.   We had a GSD years ago and naively got her one of those posh wicker jobs.  Within a week it had turned into a small plate and a lot of bits of wicker work scattered around the house![:-))].  She was a wonderful dog - I'll never forget her.

• 2 months later...
I know - I was imagining him trying to bend a 300 year old Oak I must admit !

I'm sure he is around somewhere - probably carving out a tree - he came to cut one of our trees for us and I had to keep an eye on him so that he didn't get the urge to turn it into a swan or something !

Sorry, been off on a life tangent AND creating what I reckon is gonna be the coolest workshop ever...nightclub included!Hope you're all well?

Edit/steambending...I was in the process of felling Oak and Sweet Chestnut (before mishap) for convertion by a mobile sawmill into many different dimensions and will be using green timber for bending (being very much more pliable than seasoned or kd'd timber) which will permit bending of much larger section, am working on an integrated water heating system for the bending, LOTS to discover!

Sounds like you and OH are following the same learning process at moment only he is working on what he refers to as a 'mushroom house' ..... don't ask as it's top secret and he thinks someone may steal his designs - then I'd have to kill them before he killed me ...