plywood

mint

Same with using laminated (laminated as in wood glued together not as a finished surface) pine board. When you cut it to make shelves etc make sure you cut with the laminate rather than across it, as otherwise all the little separate little glued segments will sag in the middle.

John did you get my photos? I sent them in 2 batches to your email address. If not they are in cyberspace somewhere...

Paul

Well, I have now rung one of the installers and told his secretary that, on reflection, I didn't want the cardboard but could he use the cheapest suitable wood and to keep costs down by reducing the number of shelves by at least a third?  Une conception simplifiée.........[:)]

You'd laugh your heads off if you could hear me making up the French as I went along.  Still, she said she understood everything I said..........ah, let's hope so.

Dimensions:  2 long units of 2m each, and a 3rd one slightly longer and all of about 2m height. 

I did have lots of shallow shelves because Teapot once showed me a picture of one of those bespoke dressing rooms where you practically put every shirt and jumper in its own slot in the egg-box.

I exaggerate but, you get the idea, lots of small shelves, adding tremendously to the cost of the materials and of labour.

Now I just want shelves that would do the job and me too would have more of a job and have the unenviable task of rearranging and tidying the shelves forever more.

Ironically, the fact that I don't want doors means that the shelves need to be of better quality and looks as there will be no doors to shove things behind and out of sight.

Nevermind, I have a very large mirror that the man is going to make a frame for and I have some very unusual lights to go either side of the mirror and one central light to go on the ceiling[:D]