Registration

I know this thread is a little old but I'm currently trying to find out information about which way to register.  As far as I understood it, you register with Maison des Artistes if you want to have a 'statue'.  You have to fall within certain categories, for example, artiste peintre which means you have to produce original paintings, but website designers for example can also register as long as what they produce is their own original work and they are not re-producing anything.  I was lead to believe that you could earn up to 6000 euros before cotisations were payable.  This means sales of 6000 euros, not profit.  You can register with them on production of your first invoice and they use this document to give you the necessary siret number etc.  I also know that you can work as Artiste Libre and simply register with URSAFF and declare your earning through them.  If you were just doing the odd thing here and there, then this would be the best place to register. 

If anyone can shed any more light, I would really appreciate it.  This is about as much information as I have been able to get so far. 

I know this thread is a little old but I'm currently trying to find out information about which way to register.  As far as I understood it, you register with Maison des Artistes if you want to have a 'statue'.  You have to fall within certain categories, for example, artiste peintre which means you have to produce original paintings, but website designers for example can also register as long as what they produce is their own original work and they are not re-producing anything.  I was lead to believe that you could earn up to 6000 euros before cotisations were payable.  This means sales of 6000 euros, not profit.  You can register with them on production of your first invoice and they use this document to give you the necessary siret number etc.  I also know that you can work as Artiste Libre and simply register with URSAFF and declare your earning through them.  If you were just doing the odd thing here and there, then this would be the best place to register. 

If anyone can shed any more light, I would really appreciated it.  This is about as much information as I have been able to get so far.