Brocante/Vide Grenier for July

Already I'm addicted to my Sunday morning ritual of mixing with the French at Vide Greniers & Brocantes - what a great day out!!!

Just updating my diary - does anyone know of anything happening weekends in July for my area (I live in Rochechuart dept 87) but happily drive up to an hour away into Dept 87 or Charente 16.

Can't wait to take my house guests when they all arrive throughout the UK school holidays!!!!!

I suggest going to the newsagent and buying Antiquitie & Brocante or Aladin. There is also a smaller format book with similar info, and when you are at the events look out for lists of other events for sale, for a couple of euro's usually.

By the way there is usually a huge Vide Grenier at Oye Plage ,  (turn left, if you are coming from the Uk, at Calais, if you miss it you'll be in Belgium) on Bastille Day !

• 4 weeks later...

I know our area is having theirs around end of month to beginning of Aug - could be 1st weekend Aug. Marval in 87, near st. Mathieu.

If you can get to the Intermarche at St. Mat, they usually have a list of Vides etc. posted outside.

With your penchant for chocolate writersblock, have you been to the chocolatier at La Rochefoucauld by the Chateau, or Truffe near Angouleme?