Exhibition Venues

This year for the first time our nearest major town  MONTLUCON    l'ALLIER. organised an exhibition for local amateur artists.  90 in number all exhibiting 3 pictures.  I only just heard about it in time through a friend.  It might be of interest to users of this forum to  list any forthcoming exhibitions in their area so that other users in the area are made aware of them

Regards Les Favets

www.ruralfranceholidays.com

• 3 months later...

We're holding two Painting Workshops here in Burgundy in May and September. Perhaps next year when the weather improves we'll open our studio for an exhibition - perhaps we could feature English Artists in France! I'll keep people posted.

Regards,

Catherine.

• 3 months later...

We are back to where this forum started :  Montlucon in L'Allier ( Auvergne ) is now  accepting art this month for their 2nd year amateur art exhibition.  This year they are accepting only 2  paintings from each artist.  All applictaions must be in by the 28th Feb.  The exhibition is from Monday March 19th  10-30 to 17-15.  If you want a contact name and telephone number , drop me a direct e-mail

Regards Les Favets

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !!  Send me an email address for me to pass on some informtion.  We are just some 20 mins South of Montlucon and you may be interested in a French!!!!! organisation " Le Club Anglais "  which is a conversation club with 80% of its members French.  We meet 3 times a month at the London Bar, Montlucon

Regards

Les Favets

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I just happened upon an exhibition today at the garden centre in Mirande, 32. Jardinerie d'Embaloge. It's on the right entering Mirande from Auch. Some sculptures made of chicken wire covered with clay, of elderly people, I think by Marc Petit. Also some paintings. Very strong impact, though rather depressing. But in a beautiful setting.

• 5 months later...

Have just received the invitation to participate in next years Montlucon Amateur Art Exhibition.  This will be it's third year and is held in the Hotel de Ville ( Mairie ).  Applications are now being asked for.  Exhibition will be in February 2008 and extended to three weeks viewing.  At least 60 amateur artist will be involved each showing two of their paintings.

If you would like some informtion just reply to me

Regards Les Favets

• 1 year later...

It is that time of the year to advise you that the 5th Am art exhibition organised by the Mairie of Montlucon is now open for persons wishing to participate:  Entries must be in by 4th January (no later ).  The Exhibition will take place in the Hotel de Ville, Montlucon from Saturday 27th March to Sunday 11th April 2010. To apply either telephone the Mairie: 04 70 02 55 53 or make contact with: Direction de la Communication, Cite Administrative, 1 rue des Conches, 03100 Montlucon.  Perhaps I will see you there.  This year I am enquiring if my 8 year old Granddaughter can exhibit also as I took her last year and it inspired her to start taking painting lessons.

Regards les Favets