Linen (and other) storage containers

tenniswitch

Despite my good resolutions, I find myself buying linens and other articles for the house we're renovating that won't be habitable for several months.  However, the grenier is clean and dry and no one will need to go up there (all the roofing and wiring is finished). I'd like to store linens and some other small items up there, but don't want to leave the linens encased in plastic- want them to be able to breathe.

Any suggestions for where I can find appropriate containers for storing linens, china, etc., in the grenier?  I thought I'd read some discussion of this earlier, but couldn't find it by searching.

We use large zipped plastic storage bags from Ikea for duvet, pillows and other linen.  They are specifically made for this purpose and breathe, but prevent damp and mould.  I don't know how they work, but they definitely do work.  They are fairly cheap - about 3-4 euros each and I can get four pillows in one case or two king size duvets.  I also include a couple of lavender sachets.

Conforama sell some nice wicker ones.  They have are lined with plastic, with small breathing holes in the liner.  I have a couple in my loft and they work fine.  Or you could just use cardboard boxes - cheap and cheerful. You can put one of those small plastic de-humidifiers (replace the crystals from time to time) on top if you think you might have a damp problem.