French supermarkets...

Ex Forum Admin

The one thing that bugs me is not being able to even buy a box of Asprin or tobacco in the supermarket.  I know it may be keeping Tabac's & Pharmacies in business - but I just wish I didn't have to go into the town centre, try to park, nearly get run over on the pedestrian crossing - just to get some headache tablets!! 

Our pharmacy is lovely although I do have to use it more than  would like. In the next village to us, no problems parking, no big cues at tills. Just good service.

As for tobacco, what would you want that for anyway, i thought it not PC these daze. Before anyone accuses me of being a reformed smoker, I am not. I have NEVER smoked, not even had a cigarette or anything in my mouth. Never did see the point especially when the doctor told my mother that if she didn't stop it would kill her, she didn't and my sister and never started[8-|].

Anyway Cat, just think, if you got run over on a crossing of any kind you wouldn't need asprin[6]???

Thanks Jonzjob - I never thought of it like that - I could get rid of any headache & actually save money if I got knocked down - worth considering!! [:-))] [:P]

Unfortunately I smoke ..... I like smoking ...... I have, at the moment, no intension of stopping smoking ...... I just wish I'd never started!! [blink]