Lap top computer

Logan

Have you tried Dell? We bought a laptop with UK XP and qwerty keyboard last year. The website didn't appear to allow overseas shipping but having identified what we wanted from the website we ordered by phone and it arrived about 5 days later. 

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=fr&l=fr&s=dhs

Try Dell France, a friend bought a desktop PC from them and configured it with an English OS and keyboard, as I remember she had to click a box to say that she would not use it to manufacture weapons of mass destruction.[8-)]....honestly we did, that aside the PC has been OK for her.

regards

Just to update the information. I have contacted Dell.fr and they will provide any computer and keyboard in another language. However it's not possible on line, you need to call their advertised phone number. They deliver free within mainland France. Thanks again for the help.

Logan

When you talk to the Dell people, ask what "deals" which are being offered that day. There always have some specials and talk "yes" before you get a few deals.

Some of the things they're willing to do. Transport // Longer Warantees // Printers cheaper and/or free // Upgrade mouse // More memory // etc., etc..

They keep giving you deals until you say yes. I just bought another Dell last month. I bought the Inspiron 9400 with Vista Business (that's another deal-ask for a bigger level of Vista). It seems that Dell has now a newer version/name but it's always the same.

Happy owner-yes. I have four Dells in my house right now. I have one which travelled the whole world with the laptop. It started as a Win95. Later it changed to Win98 and finally Win ME. It's working fine with a Wi-Fi ADSL machine.

Good luck.

Blackduff

You dont really have to worry about an azerty keyboard, it comes very quickly. If you are used to the operating system unless you dont know any words of French at all you will be OK with the French version.

In fact I would say that you dont have to know any French if you are au fait (see you already know some) with the OS as French friends who speak no English could navigate my old English OS far easier than I could.