Roche Bobois

robbie

Hi,

I am currently residing in Athens Greece and have placed an order with Roche Bobois for several items as i had just moved in to my home. I placed the order in June and was contractually stated that I would receive my order on December 10, 2007. Upon that statement i made arrangements for a christmas party/ engagement party for over 450 people arranged catering flowers and everything else. On December 8 2007 Roche Bobois contacts me and tells me that the dining room table and the buffet will not be here, after it had been made known to them that I would be holding such an event and after the contract stated that it would be delivered on December 10,2007. You can imagine my disapointment. I had spend a lot of money on the furniture itself and moreover I had spend a lot of money on the engagement party being that I was reassured that roche bobois is a reputable store. On December 8, 2007 (so i have been waiting 6 months for the furniture) they told me that the dining table has not come because the french are having difficulty and do not know when they will be able to fix it, as they have no wood. Simultaneously i ask to speak to another manager who says we are sorry but gave your table away to someone else and these things happen. At this point I am very unhappy and ask to speak to a supervisor who tells me that there was a strike in italy..... yet they are not coming from italy and when i argue this point he says that things like this happen. Being that I do not believe that such things happen and being that I believe that roche bobois was a reputable company i contact the french headquarters who until this day keep telling me that they will call me back. Moreove when I asked the supervisor when the dining table will be ready he said that the french are having difficulty fixing this table and he is not sure it could be january february march and so forth...... you can make your own decision regarding this company. 

I am surprised about the bad feedback, I too thought that they were a good company.

I wonder if your bad experience is a 'one off' or if there are others out therewith similar problems. I dont mean to belittle your proeblem, it sounds quite serious and totally wrong on someones part, but if they sell lots of items and have little/few problems then they are 'generally' good I guess.

I hope it gets resolved soon for you

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I also live in Greece and I have furnished my whole house with Roche Bobois furniture. I must admit that there was one item that was delayed but the company replaced it with something similar until my order was received so I was not left without support. They seem like very responsible and helpful people, so I suppose that the problems described by the other user were coincidental and that some things can go wrong. It is unfortunate but not unjustifiable.

Not all the designs are that up to the minute. 24-25 years ago when fitting out interiors in Iraq/Doha and Saudi  I often had to install their furniture and when passing the store in Rennes I often see the same styles in the window. I agree on one point,very expensive.

Regards.