New technology fridge?

Chrissie

We are going to have to replace our fridge in the immediate future.  Went round various places today and two shops tried to persuade us to buy a "refrigerateur à ventilation" which seems to be only a fridge with a built-in fan, as far as I could tell, but generally dearer than normal ones.  They said it would reduce condensation and keep food much better.

Does anyone know whether this is genuinely better technology?  Has it been around for years but we haven't come across it before?!  Or is it just a gimmick?

Thanks

Chrissie (81)

I bought one of these fridges from a friend recently who is 'downsizing' & am already very impressed with its performance.  We run a B&B & in the 3 months we have had the fridge I am already finding that cheese, fruit etc keep fresh far longer than in my other fridges, so less food wastage - highly recommended.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

I am afraid it is not NEW Tech, all proper commercial fridges use the system, the good news is it is a very good system, as the air is forced around the inside of the box (tech term for fridge) and the sensor should be in the return air flow, not until the return air is at the correct temp will the unit turn off, tis makes sure ALL of the interior is at the correct temp.

Hope the above helps

I have to say that even after only a few weeks, we are delighted with our new fridge's performance and think it was well worth the price.  We have saved a lot of food which I'm sure would be "wet" and thrown out with the old one.

Chrissie (81)