Loose Covers

Nikki

I need some loose covers for a couple of armchairs but all I can find are re-upholsterers! Does anyone know where I might try? Will need to be near us (61430) border of Orne but close to Pont D'Ouilly (14) Many thanks

It might be worth trying the upholsterers to see if they will make loose covers. I was looking for this last year and came up with nothing. I ended up making one myself, looks quite good.  I managed to get some very pretty material, but haven't got round to making the second one yet.

They had some on offer in Aldi (near Bordeaux) this afternoon (Wednesday). I think that when Aldi does a promotion, it is national and so if you are living in France near an Aldi, you could have a look.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

I went to a shop in St Junien but sorry I can't remember the name - it was a cheap shop that sold lots of household things and they had lots of covers to fit chairs and sofas, and the prices were around 30 Euros...it could be called Gifi...but not sure.... I have also seen them in the big supermarkets like Leclerc. Can't say the designs were fab tho'

• 5 months later...